General Maintenance/Flooring Tech: Jacksonville, NC
We are seeking a General Maintenance/Flooring Tech in Jacksonville, NC. Technicians will be hired as General Maintenance Technicians but based on their trade specialty may be responsible for completing specialty service requests as their skill set allows. This position will be part of the Change of Occupancy Maintenance (COM) flooring team.
- Removes carpet, floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Provide maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, repair or replacement of lights, roofs, heating/air systems, appliances, etc.
- On-call urgent or emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Transports equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris.
- When assigned by the Supervisor, participate and/or quality assure in vendor or subcontractor work from time to time.
- When assigned by the Supervisor, schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed properly.
- Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 30 minutes of receiving notification.
- When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and fires.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of flooring experience preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Proficient at two skills sets (Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances) with one skill set being flooring.
- Must be experienced and able to operate wood floor sanders and cleaning equipment. Capable of applying sealers, varnishes, & polyurethane
- Must be experienced in cutting, forming, and laying roll carpet. Familiar with the use of carpet kickers and carpet installation tools. Ability to install carpet squires.
- Must have experience installing role and sheet vinyl & vinyl planks.
- Must pass pre-employment screenings
Compensation: $11.00 per hour
Please submit resumes or work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. For immediate consideration apply in person at Blue Arbor 1512 Gum Branch Road, Jacksonville, NC 28540.
HOW TO APPLY?
If interested, please stop by our Jacksonville location to apply.
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED!
We accept walk-ins Monday – Friday between 8 AM and 3:30 PM.
WHAT TO BRING?
Please make sure to bring 2 forms of identification. We will need a valid (unexpired) federal or state issued picture ID (i.e. Drivers License or Military ID) along with either a non-laminated social security card or birth certificate. For a complete list of acceptable identifications, please refer to the USCIS Form I9. A list of your previous addresses for the last 10 years and job history (with phone numbers for references).
HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE?
Please allow up to an hour and a half for the application process. Short on time? For a jumpstart on the application process, visit us online.