We are currently seeking an Engineering Technician in Pensacola, FL. Position works Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Must pass pre-employment screenings.Job Description:
This class provides a high level of skilled technical duties and clerical support in area of
specialty, including data gathering, research, plans design and review, cost estimates,
inspections, inspections database administration, and technical equipment operation to a
department, division, unit or group; and may act in lead or senior worker capacity.
Examples Of Duties:
- Initiates, processes, and reviews specialized paperwork, forms, and reports, related to assigned area of responsibility, ensuring completeness and accuracy of information; maintains related records.
- Reviews, tracks, and maintains plan designs, plats, and/or other related legal documents, which may include: evaluating compliance with applicable rules, regulations, ordinances, and/or other related items; preparing plan review comments; estimating project costs; monitoring changes; recording plats with the Clerk of the Court; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Prepares and/or enters a variety of information into applicable documents, spreadsheets, requisitions, solicitation documents, invoices, rosters, work orders, databases, logs, forms, and/or other related areas, utilizing established guidelines and procedures.
- Responds to requests for information from the general public; in person, via e-mail, andover the phone; answers routine questions and provides information; investigates complaints; documents and disseminates findings.
- Conducts site and plan inspections and research; prepares documents and reports summarizing findings. Sets up and files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods; scans documents utilizing established procedures.
- Drafts and types a variety of business legal documents, including letters, memos, charts, technical specifications, and/or other related documents.
- May assist in preparing and disseminating meeting agendas, minutes, and/or related meeting items for the Board of County Commissioners, applicable department, specialized committees, and/or other related groups.
- Maintains logs and records related to daily activities; maintains databases and files.
- Operates a variety of specialized tools and equipment.
- Participates in a variety of meetings and development conferences.
- Performs routine inspections of equipment to ensure items are in proper working order.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Training and Experience (positions in this class typically require):
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Up to one year of specialized or technical training beyond high school in area of specialty, one to three years of experience in construction inspection, environmental engineering, CADD and/or general construction; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements (positions in this class typically require):
Valid driver’s license
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- Mathematical principles
- Basic construction principles and practices
- Database management principles
- Construction inspection principles and practices
Skills (position requirements at entry):
- Reading and comprehending drawings, parcel maps, improvement plans, and specifications
- Using a computer and related software applications; and modern office equipment
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment
- Basic filing and recordkeeping principles
- English language, grammar, and punctuation
- Proofreading and editing documents
- Maintaining databases
- Estimating project costs
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, maps, plats, and related documents
- Operating applicable instruments, hand-held data collectors, levels, and/or other related tools of the trade
- Interpreting land survey data
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Customer service principles
- Keyboarding techniques
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintaining files
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking,
hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm
and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the
worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Compensation: $14.54 per hour
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
HOW TO APPLY?
If interested, please stop by our Gulf Breeze location to apply.
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED!
We accept walk-ins Monday – Friday between 8 AM and 3:30 PM.
WHAT TO BRING?
Please make sure to bring 2 forms of identification. We will need a valid (unexpired) federal or state issued picture ID (i.e. Drivers License or Military ID) along with either a non-laminated social security card or birth certificate. For a complete list of acceptable identifications, please refer to the USCIS Form I9.
HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE?
Please allow up to an hour and a half for the application process. Short on time? For a jumpstart on the application process, visit us online.