Computer Support Specialist: New Bern, NC
We are seeking a Computer Support Specialist for a local company in New Bern, NC. Position works Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm and is a temp-hire opportunity.
- Works with users and other IT staff to determine and develop specific information systems requirements and processes. Makes recommendations to management. Integrates new software and hardware into current systems and tests extensively to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of products, developments and trends in user support software. Coordinates with other IT Team members to ensure standardization of both hardware and software databases. Identifies and advocates beneficial change opportunities.
- Performs application software integration; conducts software rollouts. Provides technical support to end-users and first level support for the Help Desk. Creates and/or maintains user identification. Designs and tests configuration and monitors the performance or equipment; troubleshoots and resolves problems.
- Supports organization’s departments in planning and implementing backup, security or disaster recovery actions.
- Ensures that work activities are performed in accordance with established standards and that work products are complete, fully tested and documented and meet client expectations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ethics, Values, Integrity & Trust – Adheres and acts in line with core values.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses high level of skill, knowledge and ability in assigned functional area.
- Safety – Complies with company safety rules and regulations. Takes a proactive approach to identify and eliminate safety hazards.
- Customer Focus – Gives high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal Skills – Uses diplomacy and tact. Uses collaborative skills.
- Action Oriented & Adaptability – Takes initiative; acts promptly; is proactive.
- Ownership & Accountability – Proactively models, guards and demonstrates all core values.
- Priority Setting, Planning & Organizing- Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving & Creativity – Uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions. Develops new and unique ideas.
- Listening, Informing and Written Communications – Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information. Presents ideas and facts clearly and effectively in writing.
- AA/AS in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in IT Department.
- Technical expertise disciplines such as, but not limited to: Computer Systems Architecture, Applications Systems, and Network Architecture.
- Experience should be in a Microsoft and Cisco environment, including but not limited to Windows Operating Systems, .net, and Cisco IP-Telephony and Cisco VMWare including Desktop Virtualization.
- User support and Help Desk experience.
- Additional experience with Microsoft Exchange and SQL, Remote Support technologies is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve problems and to communicate with and support clients.
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical people effectively.
- Proven ability to work across organizational boundaries to identify business information needs and to implement applications that fulfill them.
- May have to perform duties in tight spaces (phone closet, etc.)
- Some travel may be required.
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Call 800.633.9715 to inquire.